Saturday, May 5, 2012

Back It Up!

Kingdom Style of Writing Chapter 6

This chapter talks about the importance of journaling. It covers:
  • Benefits of keeping a journal.
  • Writing challenges that people face
  • Common journaling rules
  • and more
I selected something quite important for writers to do to protect their work. Here is a short excerpt from Chapter 6. 


Another important thing for the writer to do as a precaution once they transfer their journal onto their computer is to back up your work. I have heard horror stories of people losing their book files on their hard drive due to computer crashes, computer theft, and so on. I have taken such news as warning for me. God never ceases to amaze me at how He brings people in your path with their story as to warn you. It all goes back to maintaining a relationship with Him. I am reminded how it came across my spirit to transfer my manuscript on to a CD, yet I did not do it when the thought came to me. Then I heard on the news about a certain computer virus and the thought came back to me again to save my manuscripts on a CD.

A few days later I received a called from someone who shared with me the unfortunate news of a friend losing information to include their manuscript off their hard drive. That was enough to make me put down what I was doing and go straight to my computer and save my work to a CD. Writer, go to the nearest office supply store and purchase a flash/jump drive and save your manuscript files to it and put it in a safe place because computers do get stolen. Once you make any new entries on the computer file, you must go back and update the file on the flash/jump drive so that the new entries are the same. Make extra copies and keep in a safe place, like a fireproof box, safe-deposit box, or even at a relative's house.

Also, there are online storage services that allow you to back up, sync and access files from anywhere. Perform a google search on “free online storage services,” and a list of them will come up.” You, writer, cannot afford to lose any of your manuscript as evil and crime do exist in cyberspace. There are people who, day and night, nonstop make it a hobby and a living to create viruses, corrupt files, steal files, and so on. It is your responsibility to protect the vision that God gave you. BACK IT UP!

                                                  

Don't have your copy of Kingdom Style of Writing
GRAB IT HERE

No comments: